Who We Are
In the early 1980s, in a small garage on a plot of family-owned land, Knobelsdorff Enterprises began. At the beginning KE was a small operation, serving local agricultural and industrial facilities. Three decades of hard work, and a commitment to excellence has grown KE into three divisions – Knobelsdorff Electric, Knobelsdorff Engineering, and Knobelsdorff Energy. Teamwork, and dedication to our core values has expanded operations nationwide and have grown to surpass 200 employees. Knobelsdorff’ s divisions continue to grow, and drive success the same steadfast dedication, and core values since the start.
What We're Looking For
A driven and innovative BIM Coordinator to be a player/coach in the Engineering Department. You will lead and mentor BIM Technicians, set up and administer Revit, and perform project work.
What You'll Do
As a BIM Coordinator, you will be an integral part of the electrical design team that leads and coordinates the process of generating digital models and integrated data about a project, from the design stage to the construction stage.
You will be responsible for the BIM workflow and ensuring that any potential issues during modeling, clash detection, and data conversion are dealt with efficiently. You will be the go-to person for setting up project-specific guidelines for Technicians and responsible for coordinating with other disciplines such as architectural and mechanical.
A good portion of your time will be working on projects performing electrical design, modeling, and optimizing constructability.
What We Need From You
- Proven work experience as a BIM Technician and BIM Coordinator.
- Proficient in using BIM authoring tools to provide technical support and mentoring required to the project team.
- Manage and maintain project content and source any additional content as required.
- Understand and ensure any changes in procedure and standards are effectively communicated to project teams.
- Coordinate and manage BIM project data sets/workflow and project setup.
- Communicate effectively and offer cross-team support.
- Set up linked models and coordinate models across disciplines.
- Daily model management administration and maintenance.
- Manage and coordinate sensitive and confidential information.
- Prepare BIM execution plans and project-specific training documentation.
- Ability to delegate BIM tasks to project team members, based on individual strengths, skill sets, and experience.
- Develop the model for the electrical design discipline.
- Ensure that the model aligns with the standards and goals set in BIM Execution Plan and BIM project workflow criteria.
- Collaborate and coordinate internally or/and externally with other disciplines' design changes and model changes.
- Create electrical BIM Modelling content.
- Develop accurate construction drawings and extract data based on the BIM model.
- Stay current with BIM technology and techniques and implement continuous improvement to the BIM process.
- Excellent organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines under pressure.
- Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Competency in Microsoft applications included Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Manage project files, drawings, documents & records in our project system.
- Travel as job requirement necessitates.
- Willing to work occasional evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Additional duties as needed.
- Minimum of 8 years experience using Revit in an electrical design capacity.
- Minimum of 2 years experience.
- Working knowledge of BIM 360, Navisworks, and Bluebeam.
- Self-starter and team player.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license that represents a history of safe & competent driving.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- 3D Scanning and Point Cloud modeling.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD Electrical and/or ePlan.
- Must be able to sit, stand, kneel, stoop, walk, and drive or sit for long periods of time.
- Must be capable of working in inclement conditions to include extreme hot and cold temperatures.
- Must be physically capable of lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs.
We offer our employees a competitive compensation and benefits package, including paid health, dental, life, long-term disability, vacation, and a 401(k)-retirement plan with a company match.
Knobelsdorff Enterprises in an Equal Opportunity Employer. Knobelsdorff Enterprises does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, age, non- disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status.