Who We Are
In the early 1980s, in a small garage on a plot of family-owned land, Knobelsdorff Enterprises began. At the beginning KE was a small operation, serving local agricultural and industrial facilities. Three decades of hard work, and a commitment to excellence has grown KE into three divisions – Knobelsdorff Electric, Knobelsdorff Engineering, and Knobelsdorff Energy. Teamwork, and dedication to our core values has expanded operations nationwide and have grown to surpass 200 employees. Knobelsdorff’ s divisions continue to grow, and drive success the same steadfast dedication, and core values since the start.
A driven and forward-thinking Energy Civil Technician to support the construction of energy/solar electrical projects.
Under the direction of the project lead you facilitate the civil construction scope of solar electrical construction projects. Utilize an in depth understanding of Knobelsdorff processes and procedures to ensure projects are completed accurately, on-time.
- Willingness to assist with other aspects of photovoltaic construction when civil work has been completed.
- Experience with construction heavy equipment (ex. Bulldozer, Excavator, Forklift), machinery, power tools and hand tools.
- Ability to perform civil work including trenching, digging, and running conduit.
- Experience preparing, loading, transporting, and unloading materials to facilitate construction daily.
- Knowledge of current civil construction best practices.
- Experience with the interpretation of drawings, current construction methods, material ordering, tools, and equipment.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines under pressure.
- Ability to train apprentices and other team members.
- Competency in Microsoft applications: Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Manage project files, drawings, documents & records in our project system.
- Ability to create/view a site layout from construction drawings.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Willing to work occasional evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to travel for extended periods of time, out of town, and work unpredictable hours.
- Ability to stoop, crawl, bend at the knees and waist, squat and lift 75lbs.
- Ability to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Eagerness to advance to the next level and assist in the growth of the team.
- Good critical thinking skills and the capability to troubleshoot and make logical project minded decisions.
- A knowledge of electrical, and/or photovoltaic (solar) construction.
- Self-starter & team player
- Must be available to travel extensively (up to 100%) within regional states, including
overnight stays for up to weeks at a time if required.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license that represents a history of safe & competent driving.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- Class A CDL
- Must be able to sit, stand, kneel, stoop, walk, and drive or sit for long periods of time.
- Must be capable of working in inclement conditions to include extreme hot and cold temperatures.
- Must be physically capable of manually digging & back-filling holes and trenches.
- Must be physically capable of lifting and carrying up to 80 lbs.
We offer our employees a competitive compensation and benefits package, including paid health, dental, life, long-term disability, vacation, and a 401(k)-retirement plan with company match.
Knobelsdorff Enterprises in an Equal Opportunity Employer. Knobelsdorff Enterprises does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, age, non- disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status.