Who We Are
In the early 1980s, in a small garage on a plot of family-owned land, Knobelsdorff Enterprises began. At the beginning KE was a small operation, serving local agricultural and industrial facilities. Three decades of hard work, and a commitment to excellence has grown KE into three divisions – Knobelsdorff Electric, Knobelsdorff Engineering, and Knobelsdorff Energy. Teamwork, and dedication to our core values has expanded operations nationwide and have grown to surpass 200 employees. Knobelsdorff’ s divisions continue to grow, and drive success the same steadfast dedication, and core values since the start.
A driven and innovative Construction Manager to lead the teams of installation technicians across various electrical projects in the field. To be the bridge between the on-site operations and the Project Management team.
As the Construction Manager you will play a critical role in the success of our projects. While working under the direction of the Project Manager, you will be a key leader in the management and growth of our field personnel, while being the on-site point of contact for our customer during each phase of construction. With a focus on proper execution of site procedures, safety practices, expense management and daily project reporting, you will ensure the delivery of a quality product while maintaining a safe working environment.
- Excepts ownership of all job site activities and personnel to include on-site planning, material & equipment management, process execution and safety.
- Ability to oversee, and report daily progress to the project team, ensuring completion on time and within budget
- Ability to interpret & manage construction activities based on installation standards, project files, drawings, documents & records
- Lead Benchmarking, shareholder review & approval activities based on Installation standards
- Experience with basic project and construction coordination, to include planning, scheduling, cost management, change order identification, procurement of material/receiving and customer relations.
- Ability to manage field personnel and subcontractors to complete projects, on time and within budget.
- Experience with the installation, and maintenance of construction projects.
- Hold daily “Tailgate” meetings prior to work to discuss job site hazards, JHA completion, daily objections, and best practices.
- Ability to uphold and facilitate our safety policy and the documentation of safety incidents
- Coach/mentor employees while providing feedback on performance
- Experience with and ability to implement on-site training to field personnel
- Development and implementation of project procedures, schedules, and standards
- Provide technical assistance such as interpretation of drawings, recommending construction methods, specify and order materials, tools, and equipment.
- Review employee’s time and expenses ensuring accuracy & accountability
- Manage crew efficiency and assess task-based time
- Responsible to communicate conflicts or issues that have the potential to affect the schedule.
- Willing to lead by example and work alongside the field technicians when needed.
- Build & manage a weekly schedule with forecasted 3 week look ahead
- Adherence to local labor laws – Journeyman to Apprentice ratios
- On site company representative with strong communication skills, responsible for interactions with Inspectors, customers, landowners, OSHA, etc.
- Aid in engineering constructability design review & execution planning
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Willing to work occasional evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- A bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Construction Management, related field, or equivalent combination of experience/education.
- Knowledge of electrical, and/or photovoltaic (solar) construction
- Self-starter & team player
- Effectively interface with all levels of management, staff, and customers (conference calls, bid walks, etc.)
- Competency in Microsoft applications (i.e. Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must be available to travel extensively (up to 100%) within regional states, including overnight stays for up to weeks at a time if required.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license that represents a history of safe & competent driving
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- Must be able to sit, stand, kneel, stoop, walk, and drive or sit for long periods of time
- Must be capable of working in inclement conditions to include extreme hot and cold temperatures.
- Must be physically capable of manually digging & back-filling holes and trenches.
- Must be physically capable of lifting and carrying up to 80 lbs.
We offer our employees a competitive compensation and benefits package, including paid health, dental, life, long-term disability, vacation, and a 401(k)-retirement plan with company match.
Knobelsdorff Enterprises in an Equal Opportunity Employer. Knobelsdorff Enterprises does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, age, non- disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status.