Have what it takes?
Always willing to do what it takes, when the going gets hard do you pull the team together and get after it? Are you capable of innovating and working, day to day, in a strong team to accomplish what others would say is impossible? Knobelsdorff is a family built of teams, and we are looking for new members. Do you have what it takes?
What We’re Looking For:
- A driven and innovative Construction Manager to lead the teams of installation technicians across multiple solar/energy projects in the field. To be the bridge between the on-site operations and the Project Management team.
What You’ll Do:
- You will be the liaison between the Project Manager and the teams; be the on-site point of contact during the installation. Lead in the field, managing multiple projects at once. When necessary, represent Knobelsdorff in client interactions. Utilize an in depth understanding of Knobelsdorff processes and procedures to ensure projects are completed accurately, on-time and within budget.
- Ability to take ownership of all aspects of field installation to include: on-site planning, execution, and clean up.
- Ability to oversee, and report progress on a daily basis to the Project Team, to ensure the projects are completed on time and in budget.
- Experience with basic Project and Construction coordination, to include: estimating, planning, scheduling, cost management, materials/purchasing, operations and maintenance.
- Ability to manage direct installers and subcontractors to complete energy projects, on time, and in budget.
- Experience with the installation, and maintenance of energy construction projects.
- Facilitate regular “Tailgate” meetings with the installation teams about safety, equipment and best practices.
- Ability to uphold and facilitate our safety policy.
- Documentation of safety incidents.
- Experience with and ability to implement on-site training to less experienced installation technicians.
- Ability to work with and take direction from Project Management team.
- Ability to develop and implement project procedures, schedules and standards in our project system.
- Provide technical assistance such as interpretation of drawings, recommending construction methods, specify and order materials, tools and equipment.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines under pressure.
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
- Ability to lead by example and work along side the field technicians when needed.
- Competency in Microsoft applications included Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Manage project files, drawings, documents & records in our project system.
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Willing to work occasional evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Willing to work on some out-of-town projects.
- Additional duties as assigned.
You May Also Have:
- A bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Construction Management or related field.
- A knowledge of electrical construction, solar construction.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- We offer our employees a competitive compensation and benefits package, including health, dental, life, paid vacation and a retirement plan.
Knobelsdorff Enterprises is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Knobelsdorff Enterprises does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status.