Why work for Knobelsdorff?
For over 30 years we have worked to create a dedicated, motivated and satisfied workforce and we are inviting you to become a part of it. KE is a family owned company with strong family values that treats each employee as their own – and cares about their families as well. If you think we’re kidding, just check out some of the bios on our website and see what our own employees have to say. Or talk to any one of our folks you come across working in the field or at the shop and just ask them. If you are tired of being in a boring, dead-end job working with owners who don’t care – come see us and talk to us and find out why you may be missing the opportunity of a lifetime.
We have a stellar benefits package including the following:
- Top Wages
- Full-time, steady, year-round work
- Family Medical Coverage - 100% employee covered BCBS plan available that also pays 80% of family premiums.
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Paid holidays after 30 days
- Vacation after 90 days
- Retirement Plan with an Employer Match
- Overtime Opportunities
- Training Money available each year
- Continuous in-house training and learning programs
- Advancement Opportunities in an atmosphere that REWARDS hard work
If you are interested in a long-lasting career, in a fun and exciting atmosphere, working with a great bunch of people, please contact us. It’s time to do right by yourself and your family and make a change to come get your “forever job”. All of us here can’t wait to meet you.
The KE Team
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Fabricate industrial control panels compliant with UL508A and UL698 including:
- Metal cutting, drilling, and tapping
- Component layout and mounting
- Wire routing, cutting, labelling, and termination
- Control panel labelling
- Provide point-to-point testing utilizing multimeter and various test equipment
- Collaborate with designers with a goal of achieving a high-quality product
- Shipping and receiving of parts and completed panels
- Safely package completed panels to prevent damage
- Assist electricians with field modifications as needed
- Provide shop organizational and management duties
- Minimum 2-4 years experience fabricating control panels
- Detailed knowledge of industrial control panel fabrication and UL508A
- Familiar with UL698 or willingness to become familiar
- Detailed knowledge and ability to interpret electrical schematics and panel layouts
- Must provide high quality workmanship and a passion for neatness and detail
- Have good hand-eye coordination and excellent dexterity in hands and arms
- Possess accurate color perception to discern colors of electrical wiring
- Able to operate necessary hand and power tools
- Able to lift components and panels that weigh up to 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Proven communication, organizational, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, and Excel).
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- U.S. Citizen or have legal right to work in the USA without sponsorship
- Pass a criminal background check and drug test
- Occasional work which may include extended working hours
- Travel up to 20% of the time. Most travel is local or regional and typically 1 week or less in duration.
We offer our employees a competitive compensation and benefits package, including health, dental, life, paid vacation and a retirement plan. If you are an energetic, self-motivated and detail oriented individual with leadership qualities looking to join a company with an outstanding future and reputation, then we encourage you to apply immediately.