Who We Are
In the early 1980s, in a small garage on a plot of family-owned land, Knobelsdorff Enterprises began. At the beginning KE was a small operation, serving local agricultural and industrial facilities. Three decades of hard work, and a commitment to excellence has grown KE into three divisions – Knobelsdorff Electric, Knobelsdorff Engineering, and Knobelsdorff Energy. Teamwork, and dedication to our core values has expanded operations nationwide and have grown to surpass 200 employees. Knobelsdorff’ s divisions continue to grow, and drive success the same steadfast dedication, and core values since the start.
What We're Looking For
A driven and innovative Electrical Designer to assist the project team by providing electrical system design.
What You'll Do
Under the direction of the project team lead you will design and generate electrical drawings of electrical.
What We Need From You
- Receive and interpret project information from the design team, estimators, project managers, specifications, and field collected data.
- Create electrical designs utilizing standard generation process, and review drawings and research codes to verify compliance with city, state, and county
- Participate in review meetings to define changes in scope to support project design needs in real
- Prepare electrical plans, elevations, and sections to represent the electrical design construction
- Knowledge of, or willingness to learn NFPA & NEC codes, along with state and local
- Manage project files, drawings, documents & records following Knobelsdorff procedure, maintaining
- Knowledge of the electrical construction industry standards, procedures, and best practices.
- Ability to collaborate with internal, and external
- Excellent critical thinking skills supporting sound technical solutions to complex
- Experience working on multiple projects simultaneously without losing
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation.
- Experience creating 2D and 3D/BIM drawings/models utilizing Revit, AUTOCAD, Navisworks, BIM360.
- Must be able to accurately create designs/models from sketches or specifications using appropriate symbology, terms, procedures and drafting.
- Ability to collect redlines, verify completed work meets specifications, and quality standards, and revise design for final production, and project.
- Demonstrated ability to catalog project developments in a shared database.
- Review all work for completeness, clarity, and accuracy prior to production for project.
- Respond to RFIs from internal teams regarding clarification of project.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Willing to work extended hours as necessary.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Associate degree in Electrical Design and/or Drafting, or equivalent combination of experience and 5+ years’ electrical design experience utilizing Autodesk Revit, AUTOCAD, Navisworks, and BIM360.
- Experience with industrial process controls, electronics, and field instrumentation.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license that represents a history of safe & competent driving
- Experience with Procore and Bluebeam preferred
- Must be able to sit, stand, kneel, stoop, walk, and sit for long periods of time
- Must be physically capable of lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs.
We offer our employees a competitive compensation and benefits package, including health, dental, life, paid vacation, and a retirement.
Knobelsdorff Enterprises in an Equal Opportunity Employer. Knobelsdorff Enterprises does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, age, non- disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status.