Who We Are
In the early 1980s, in a small garage on a plot of family-owned land, Knobelsdorff Enterprises began. At the beginning KE was a small operation, serving local agricultural and industrial facilities. Three decades of hard work, and a commitment to excellence has grown KE into three divisions – Knobelsdorff Electric, Knobelsdorff Engineering, and Knobelsdorff Energy. Teamwork, and dedication to our core values has expanded operations nationwide and have grown to surpass 200 employees. Knobelsdorff’ s divisions continue to grow, and drive success the same steadfast dedication, and core values since the start.
A driven and innovative Estimator to assist Project Teams. The Electrical Estimator is responsible for creating project bids, solicitating and reviewing project proposals, and determine the costs associated with various electrical installations throughout the US.
You will develop take-offs from client or company supplied construction documents, gather pricing from electrical suppliers, and company internal departments to price equipment, components, and electrical supplies. Includes pricing all peripheral items, such as permits, bonds, equipment, ect.
- Experience with the development of complete and accurate electrical estimates for commercial, industrial projects, and/or photovoltaic (solar) projects ranging from 1MW to 100+MW projects.
- Work alongside the Project Manager to assist with bid presentations for clarification to the client.
- Experience with preparing comprehensive bid packages for submittal to the client.
- Monitor the win/loss ratio on bids to determine success rates and improve bidding strategy and procedures.
- Provide technical assistance such as interpretation of drawings, recommending construction methods, specify and solicit quotes on materials, tools and equipment.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines under pressure.
- Experience using electrical estimating software to conduct takeoffs.
- Competency in Microsoft applications to include Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Manage project files, drawings, documents & records in our project system.
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skill.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Willing to work occasional evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Willing to attend bid walks and site visits requiring limited travel.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Background in electrical estimating, engineering, construction management, be a licensed electrician, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2-5 years of prior electrical, photovoltaic estimating experience, or a combination of education, estimating, and/or field experience.
- A knowledge of electrical, photovoltaic (solar) construction and/or automation.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license that represents a history of safe & competent driving.
- Must be able to sit, stand, kneel, stoop, walk, and sit for long periods of time
- Must be physically capable of lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs.
We offer our employees a competitive compensation and benefits package, including health, dental, life, paid vacation, and a retirement
Knobelsdorff Enterprises in an Equal Opportunity Employer. Knobelsdorff Enterprises does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, age, non- disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status.