We Want You!
Let’s face it 2020 was not the best for most of us; it proved to be unstable, and unsure. That said you made it, and we made it through grit, determination and a never quit attitude. Those qualities are at the core of Knobelsdorff Enterprises, and you have them. We have a solid, and stable path forward, and want you to join us. Will you join us, and help us make 2021 great?
Who We Are
In the early 1980s, in a small garage on a plot of family-owned land, Knobelsdorff Enterprises began. At the beginning KE was a small operation, serving local agricultural and industrial facilities. Three decades of hard work, and a commitment to excellence has grown KE into three divisions – Knobelsdorff Electric, Knobelsdorff Engineering, and Knobelsdorff Energy. Teamwork, and dedication to our core values has expanded operations nationwide and have grown to surpass 200 employees. Knobelsdorff’ s divisions continue to grow, and drive success using the same steadfast dedication, and core values since the start.
- A driven and innovative General Foreman to lead the field team. The General Foreman is expected to manage crews on the construction site and implementation of a variety of electrical projects. To be the bridge between the field crews, and the construction management team.
- You will be the leader of the field teams; be responsible for planning and overseeing the completion of large commercial and industrial projects. Responsible for coordinating project resources, overseeing all field operations, monitor progress while keeping Knobelsdorff leadership informed from start to finish. Act as the liaison between the field and the construction team to ensure project is satisfactorily defined and implemented. Utilize an in depth understanding of Knobelsdorff processes and procedures to ensure projects are completed accurately, on-time and within budget.
- Experience successfully managing large commercial and industrial electrical construction projects.
- Knowledge of current electrical codes and best practices.
- Oversee self-performed and subcontracted efforts to ensure the work is in compliance with contract specifications, code is completed on schedule.
- Represent company on site walk for project opportunities as requested
- Represent the company on-site, in the field, as the single point contact for projects assigned
- Manage in-house crews and subcontractors performing work on projects assigned
- Manage material orders and deliveries in alignment with schedules
- Work to reduce costs through good planning and timely execution of the work
- Support the management of all required documentation and deliverables required by customers
- Willingness to take responsibility for the supervision of the field teams of projects assigned while coordinating with the construction manager.
- Experience with the development and adherence to project budgets and schedule.
- Experience with managing and enforcing a safety program on the project site.
- Facilitate accurate and timely field reporting and communication.
- Experience maintaining quality control on the project site.
- Proven time management and organizational skills
- Leadership with skills to positively influence others, collaborate with teammates, communicate on the level of others, listen and understand people in circumstances common in the workplace.
- Excellent communicator, communicating clearly and often.
- Embrace KE values, understand the company mission and exemplify leadership behaviors.
- Independent work style and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Mentor/coach field team members on best practices.
- Journeyman License with 5+ years’ experience in the electrical industry as a Foreman or Project Lead, in an organization of similar or greater complexities with the capacity to understand and manage multiple projects, multiple customers and personnel
- Eagerness to advance to the next level and assist in the growth of the industrial team.
- Good critical thinking skills and the capability to troubleshoot and make logical project minded decisions.
- Knowledge of electrical, and/or photovoltaic (solar) construction
- Self-starter & team player
- Must be available to travel extensively (up to 100%) within regional states, including overnight stays for up to weeks at a time if required.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license that represents a history of safe & competent driving
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- Must be able to sit, stand, kneel, stoop, walk, and drive or sit for long periods of time
- Must be capable of working in inclement conditions to include extreme hot and cold temperatures.
- Must be physically capable of manually digging & back-filling holes and trenches.
- Must be physically capable of lifting and carrying up to 80 lbs.
- We offer our employees a competitive compensation and benefits package, including health, dental, life, paid vacation and a retirement plan.
Knobelsdorff Enterprises in an Equal Opportunity Employer. Knobelsdorff Enterprises does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status.