Who We Are
In the early 1980s, in a small garage on a plot of family-owned land, Knobelsdorff Enterprises began. At the beginning KE was a small operation, serving local agricultural and industrial facilities. Three decades of hard work, and a commitment to excellence has grown KE into three divisions – Knobelsdorff Electric, Knobelsdorff Engineering, and Knobelsdorff Energy. Teamwork, and dedication to our core values has expanded operations nationwide and have grown to surpass 200 employees. Knobelsdorff’ s divisions continue to grow, and drive success the same steadfast dedication, and core values since the start.
A driven and innovative HR Assistant to provide HR support to Knobelsdorff operations and employees.
Support managers, employees, and recruiting through a variety of administrative tasks. Utilize a knowledge of Knobelsdorff processes and procedures to maintain employee records and provide administrative support with a high level of quality, in a timely manner.
- Serve as a point of contact regarding employee benefits, ensuring timely enrollments and/or changes for eligible participants.
- Process employee timecards and per-diem on a weekly basis.
- Process employee changes ensuring accurate and up-to-date human resources files, records, and documentation.
- Schedule pre-employment, random, and post-incident drug screen appointments, and pre-employment background checks.
- Assist in the employee orientation and onboarding process as needed.
- Assist in the recruitment process by screening resumes or making initial inquiry calls.
- Provide excellent customer service by answering employee questions in a timely manner.
- Review benefit invoices for accuracy.
- Administer FMLA Leave, Workers Compensation, and medical insurance claims (STD, LTD, AFLAC).
- Conduct exit interviews and process employee terminations.
- Administer employee first-year PTO.
- Coordinate travel arrangements, transportation, and accommodations for employees.
- Complete employment verifications.
- Collect and maintain safety material and licenses of new and current employees.
- Maintain employee tracking of apprentice hours, employee verifications, licensing, education reimbursement, and medical exams.
- Run monthly metric reports.
- Provide support to the HR Team and Safety Manager as needed.
- Additional duties and projects as assigned.
- 1-2 years related HR experience.
- Benefit administration experience is highly desired.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn HRIS and similar computer applications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy.
- Strong customer service mindset.
- Strong analytical skills and mathematically inclined.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to accuracy and detail.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Willing to work occasional evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- Ability to possess and maintain a valid driver’s license that represents a history of safe and competent driving.
- Associates degree in a related field.
- PHR, SPHR, or CEBS certification.
- Must be able to sit, stand, kneel, stoop, walk, and sit for long periods of time
- Must be physically capable of lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs.
We offer our employees a competitive compensation and benefits package, including paid health, dental, life, long-term disability, vacation, and a 401(k)-retirement plan with company match.
Knobelsdorff Enterprises in an Equal Opportunity Employer. Knobelsdorff Enterprises does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, age, non- disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status.