Who We Are
In the early 1980s, in a small garage on a plot of family-owned land, Knobelsdorff Enterprises began. At the beginning KE was a small operation, serving local agricultural and industrial facilities. Three decades of hard work, and a commitment to excellence has grown KE into three divisions – Knobelsdorff Electric, Knobelsdorff Engineering, and Knobelsdorff Energy. Teamwork, and dedication to our core values has expanded operations nationwide and have grown to surpass 200 employees. Knobelsdorff’s s divisions continue to grow, and drive success the same steadfast dedication, and core values since the start.
A driven and forward-thinking Energy Journeyman Electrician to facilitate operations and maintenance (O&M) of energy/solar electrical systems.
Under the direction of the O&M Manager, you facilitate a holistic maintenance and warranty support program for solar electrical construction projects. Utilize an in-depth understanding of Knobelsdorff processes and procedures to ensure projects are completed accurately, and in a timely manner.
- Journeyman’s License, or a 4th-year Electrical Apprentice that meets the requirements to take the Journeyman’s test.
- Deep technical understanding of scheduled maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, and warranty support of complex energy/solar electrical systems.
- Knowledge of current electrical codes and best practices.
- Experience with the interpretation of drawings, current construction methods, specifying and ordering materials, tools, and equipment.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines under pressure.
- Ability to train apprentices and other team members.
- Competency in Microsoft applications included Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Manage project files, drawings, documents & records in our project system.
- Great communication skills and excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Willing to work occasional evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Willing to be on call to address emergency outages with little notice; ability to deploy, travel to a site, and facilitate the service call.
- Willing to work on out-of-town projects.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Eagerness to advance to the next level and assist in the growth of the team.
- Good critical thinking skills and the capability to troubleshoot and make logical project-minded decisions.
- Knowledge of electrical, and/or photovoltaic (solar) construction.
- Experience in communication networks is a plus.
- Self-starter & team player
- Must be available to travel extensively (up to 100%) within regional states, including overnight stays for up to weeks at a time if required.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license that represents a history of safe & competent driving.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- Must be able to sit, stand, kneel, stoop, walk, and drive or sit for long periods of time.
- Must be capable of working in inclement conditions to include extreme hot and cold temperatures.
- Must be physically capable of manually digging & back-filling holes and trenches.
- Must be physically capable of lifting and carrying up to 80 lbs.
- We offer our employees a competitive compensation and benefits package, including paid health, dental, life, long-term disability, vacation, and a 401(k)-retirement plan with company match.
- We provide a company vehicle with paid drive time.
Knobelsdorff Enterprises is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Knobelsdorff Enterprises does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status.