We want you!
Let’s face it 2020 was not the best for most of us; it proved to be unstable, and unsure. That said you made it, and we made it through grit, determination and a never quit attitude. Those qualities are at the core of Knobelsdorff Enterprises, and you have them. We have a solid, and stable path forward, and want you to join us. Will you join us, and help us make 2021 great?
Who We Are
In the early 1980s, in a small garage on a plot of family-owned land, Knobelsdorff Enterprises began. At the beginning KE was a small operation, serving local agricultural and industrial facilities. Three decades of hard work, and a commitment to excellence has grown KE into three divisions – Knobelsdorff Electric, Knobelsdorff Engineering, and Knobelsdorff Energy. Teamwork, and dedication to our core values has expanded operations nationwide and have grown to surpass 200 employees. Knobelsdorff’ s divisions continue to grow, and drive success the same steadfast dedication, and core values since the start.
A driven and innovative Pre-Construction Manager to lead projects from award to mobilization on electrical projects. To be the bridge between the client, the Preconstruction team, and Project Management team.
- You will be the leader of all preconstruction activities; be responsible for planning and overseeing multiple projects simultaneously. Responsible for planning project resources, leading contract negations, preparing budgets, ensuring long lead time equipment is ordered, coordinating, and managing engineering. Efficiently perform a Handoff prior to construction providing construction team the necessary information for outstanding project execution. Monitor progress while keeping Knobelsdorff leadership informed from start to finish. Act as the liaison between the client and the internal team to ensure project is setup for success. Utilize an in depth understanding of Knobelsdorff processes and procedures to ensure preconstruction efforts are completed accurately, on-time and within budget and setting a successful path for the project.
- Proven working experience in project/preconstruction management.
- Plan, oversee and manage preconstruction activities required to ensure success project execution.
- Work through and negotiate a customer contract to execution.
- Identify project specific requirement and capture them in vendors purchase and subcontract agreements.
- Orchestrate information flow to ensure both internal and external engineering teams are successful.
- Experience managing scope, schedule, and pricing.
- Identify obstacles then solicited internal and external subject matter experts to work through the obstacle.
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients as well as the project team.
- Meet with clients to take capture project details and clarify specific requirements of each project.
- Excellent organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
- Meet budgetary objectives and to adjust to project constraints based on analysis.
- Experience with tracking project performance, to drive completion of preconstruction activities while meeting short- and long-term milestones.
- Delegate project tasks to project team members, based on individual strengths, skill sets and experience.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines under pressure.
- Competency in Microsoft applications included Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Manage project files, drawings, documents & records in our project system.
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Willing to work occasional evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Willing to travel as job requirement necessitates.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Construction Management, related field, or equivalent combination of experience/education.
- A knowledge of Electrical, Photovoltaic (solar) construction and/or automation.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license that represents a history of safe & competent driving
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Must be able to sit, stand, kneel, stoop, walk, and sit for long periods of time
- Must be physically capable of lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs.
- We offer our employees a competitive compensation and benefits package, including health, dental, life, paid vacation, and a retirement plan.
Knobelsdorff Enterprises is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Knobelsdorff Enterprises does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status.