Who We Are
In the early 1980s, in a small garage on a plot of family-owned land, Knobelsdorff Enterprises began. At the beginning KE was a small operation, serving local agricultural and industrial facilities. Three decades of hard work, and a commitment to excellence has grown KE into three divisions – Knobelsdorff Electric, Knobelsdorff Engineering, and Knobelsdorff Energy. Teamwork, and dedication to our core values has expanded operations nationwide and have grown to surpass 200 employees. Knobelsdorff’ s divisions continue to grow, and drive success the same steadfast dedication, and core values since the start.
What We're Looking For
A driven and innovative SCADA and MES Developer to assist the engineering team with the design and implementation of programs installed in Supervisory and Plant Level applications.
What You'll Do
Under the direction of the automation team lead you will design, program, troubleshoot, and commission equipment using SCADA and MES programming principles.
What We Need From You
- Proven experience effectively designing, writing, integrating, and maintaining SCADA and MES programs.
- Ability to configure and integrate wired and wireless Ethernet and Serial data networks.
- Ability to configure desktop and server PC hardware and OS.
- Ability to install and configure SCADA and MES application software.
- Ability to engage in all phases of the SCADA development process: scoping, and analyzing client requirements, and interfacing business systems, creation of system user guides, and provide support during/after commissioning.
- Ability to define, create, and implement standard operating procedures for SCADA development providing a standard process for the team to scale across projects of various size and scope.
- Ability to participate in client meetings to define scope and functional and operational requirements of the SCADA/MES system.
- Ability to provide technical assistance to field technicians on MES and SCADA programs.
- Ability to troubleshoot, test and analyze program errors and revise programs to operational order.
- Ability work independently and as part of a team on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proven ability to develop professionally through direct mentorship and personally sourced academics.
- Ability to analyze current systems and design/implement solutions to resolve complex technical integration issues.
- Ability to stay aware of industry best practices, and emerging technological developments.
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients, vendors and internal teams.
- Excellent critical thinking skills supporting sound technical solutions to complex problems.
- Ability to work on multiple projects without losing efficiency.
- Ability to design intuitive, easy-to-navigate, aesthetically pleasing user interfaces.
- Experience with SCADA/MES functionality:
- Graphics and Visualization
- Alarm Management
- Data Logging (native and SQL based)
- Data Trending (real time and historical)
- Data Reporting
- Recipe Management
- Track and Trace
- ERP interfacing
- Experience with at least four SCADA/MES platforms:
- Factory Talk View SE, Plant PAx
- FactoryTalk Batch
- Wonderware InTouch
- Proficy MES
- Rockwell MES
- Sepasoft MES
- Wonderware MES
- Familiarity with High Performance HMI programming techniques.
- Familiarity with industrial networking, primarily Ethernet/IP.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Willing to work extended hours as necessary.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science, or equivalent education/experience.
- 3+ years of SCADA/MES development experience; automation of industrial equipment.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license that represents a history of safe & competent driving
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- 5+ years’ experience in Electrical Controls Engineering preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Controls Engineering preferred
- Must be able to sit, stand, kneel, stoop, walk, and sit for long periods of time
- Must be physically capable of lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs.
We offer our employees a competitive compensation and benefits package, including health, dental, life, paid vacation, and a retirement
Knobelsdorff Enterprises in an Equal Opportunity Employer. Knobelsdorff Enterprises does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, age, non- disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status.