Who We Are
In the early 1980s, in a small garage on a plot of family-owned land, Knobelsdorff Enterprises began. At the beginning KE was a small operation, serving local agricultural and industrial facilities. Three decades of hard work, and a commitment to excellence has grown KE into three divisions – Knobelsdorff Electric, Knobelsdorff Engineering, and Knobelsdorff Energy. Teamwork, and dedication to our core values has expanded operations nationwide and have grown to surpass 200 employees. Knobelsdorff’ s divisions continue to grow, and drive success the same steadfast dedication, and core values since the start.
A driven and innovative Sr. Electrical Engineer to facilitate the daily operations, technical support, and coaching/development of the junior Engineering Division personnel.
Assist the Engineering Division Manager in executing the departments operational objectives. As the subject matter expert, you will lead and mentor the engineering team members while executing complex projects.
- Proven experience effectively managing project timelines, ensuring completion of projects on time and in budget.
- An in-depth knowledge of the design and constructability of the following systems: Power, Lighting, Communication, Alarm, Lighting Protection, Grounding, and Instrument/Control.
- Demonstrated strong project management and customer relations skills.
- Ability to lead and achieve electrical engineering operational objectives by leading teams in the design and execution of complex projects with minimal oversight.
- An in depth, working knowledge of NEC, NFPA 70 and 70E.
- Ability to develop and maintain key strategic relationships with various partners.
- Ability to integrate and become the subject matter expert for the Engineering Department.
- Proven experience providing effective cost estimates and proposals.
- Ability to interface with regulatory agencies and manufacturers/distributers.
- Proven ability to develop personnel by providing training, coaching, development and motivation. Ability to identify areas of improvement propose and implement plans to develop team members.
- Proven ability to plan and execute electrical projects by determining specifications, schedules, integrating requirements with architectural and mechanical designs, verify code requirements, assist with cost estimates and resolve design issues.
- An adherence to high ethical standards that align with Knobelsdorff Values. Network to improve market presence of the Knobelsdorff Engineering Division.
- Experience interpreting competing markets to provide strategies to improve market presence, penetration, and new business development.
- Ability to analyze business practices and procedures and to implement improvements, if needed.
- Manage project files, drawings, documents & records in our database; maintaining confidentiality.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skill.
- Ability to manage multiple complicated tasks and achieve a high level of execution.
- Willing to work occasional evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Willing to travel as job requirement necessitates.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent education/experience.
- 10+ years’ experience in Electrical Engineering, or related field. To include experience in proper design and constructability.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license that represents a history of safe & competent driving
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- PE in Electrical Engineering preferred.
- Must be able to sit, stand, kneel, stoop, walk, and sit for long periods of time
- Must be physically capable of lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs.
We offer our employees a competitive compensation and benefits package, including health, dental, life, paid vacation, and a retirement plan.
Knobelsdorff Enterprises in an Equal Opportunity Employer. Knobelsdorff Enterprises does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, age, non- disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status.