Want to start fresh, to change your current direction? Join us, become a part of a group that values family, loyalty, and an old-fashioned work ethic. Come work with a team that will notice your hard work, and dedication. Starting is the hardest part, so why don’t you apply?
What We’re Looking For:
- A driven and innovative Solar Estimator to assist Project Teams. The Solar Estimator is responsible for creating project bids, soliciting and reviewing project proposals, and determine the costs associated with various photovoltaic installations throughout the US.
What You’ll Do:
- You will develop take-offs from client or company supplied construction documents, gather pricing from electrical suppliers, and company internal departments to price equipment, components, and electrical supplies. Includes pricing all peripheral items, such as permits, bonds, equipment, ect.
- Experience with the development of complete and accurate photovoltaic estimates ranging from 1MW to 100+MW projects.
- Ability to work along side the Project Manager to assist with bid presentations for clarification to the client.
- Experience with preparing comprehensive bid packages for submittal to the client.
- Ability to monitor the win/loss ratio on bids to determine success rates and improve bidding strategy and procedures.
- Provide technical assistance such as interpretation of drawings, recommending construction methods, specify and order materials, tools and equipment.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines under pressure.
- Experience using computers for a variety of tasks.
- Competency in Microsoft applications included Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Manage project files, drawings, documents & records in our project system.
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skill.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Willing to work occasional evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Willing to work on some out-of-town projects.
- Additional duties as assigned.
You May Also Have:
- Background in electrical estimating, construction management or be a licensed electrician.
- 2-5 years of prior photovoltaic estimating experience, or a combination of education, estimating, and field experience.
- A knowledge of photovoltaic and electrical construction.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- We offer our employees a competitive compensation and benefits package, including health, dental, life, paid vacation and a retirement plan.
Knobelsdorff Enterprises in an Equal Opportunity Employer. Knobelsdorff Enterprises does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status.