Who We Are
In the early 1980s, in a small garage on a plot of family-owned land, Knobelsdorff Enterprises began. In the beginning, KE was a small operation, serving local agricultural and industrial facilities. Three decades of hard work and a commitment to excellence have grown KE into three divisions – Knobelsdorff Electric, Knobelsdorff Engineering, and Knobelsdorff Energy. Teamwork and dedication to our core values have expanded operations nationwide and have grown to surpass 200 employees. Knobelsdorff’s s divisions continue to grow, and drive success the same steadfast dedication, and core values since the start.
A driven and innovative Training Manager to develop and facilitate the Knobelsdorff training initiatives and lead the KE University.
Develop, coordinate, and facilitate Knobelsdorff training programs. You will analyze and construct training programs in support of Knobelsdorff's business strategies and objectives. Oversee career development programs to accelerate employee competency development. Develop and lead the KE University, an in-house training classroom.
- Select New Apprentices for the Program
- Answer inquiries from apprenticeship candidates
- Take applications and verify the qualifications of applicants
- Prepare lists of qualified applicants to be interviewed
- Schedule interviews
- Tabulate interview results, rank selected qualified applicants, and maintain qualified eligibility pool per applicable law and selection process
- Notify successful applicants and prepare all paperwork to onboard them
- Schedule any pre-employment testing, physicals, and/or background checks
- Meet with all new apprentices and review program and policies
- Provide Apprentices with On-the-Job Training
- Assign apprentices to contractors/jobs
- Maintain and review apprentices on-the-job training hours
- Monitor and review apprentice performance
- Visit apprentices on the job
- Rotate apprentices as needed to allow exposure to different kinds of work
- Investigate any reports of problems between apprentice and co-workers and/or the contractor
- Provide and Supervise Classroom Training
- Schedule classes
- Order and/or obtain class materials, books, and equipment
- Register employees for classes
- Monitor and maintain records of attendance
- Prepare employees for applicable advanced certification/licensure (Journeyman, CDL, Operator, etc.)
- Maintain classroom facilities
- Monitor and assess instructor performance
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Proven experience strategically aligning the training dept with business goals.
- Proven experience evaluating individual and organizational performance to ensure the training program is meeting needs and improving performance.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and identify training needs by collaborating with company leadership.
- Ability to develop and deliver training programs that meet current and future business needs.
- Ability to select and manage resources, including working with both internal employees and training vendors to develop and deliver an effective training program.
- Ability to interface with company leaders, customers, and regulatory agencies.
- Proven ability to develop personnel by providing training, coaching, development, and motivation. Ability to identify areas of improvement propose and implement plans to develop team members.
- Knowledge of learning and development best practices.
- Proven track record of training program development and management.
- Ability to develop, manage and lead the KE University classroom training.
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple complicated tasks and achieve a high level of execution.
- Willing to work occasional evenings, weekends, and holidays, as necessary.
- Proficient use of e-mail, word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software and be able to electronically access data, maintain records, and generate reports.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be willing to travel as needed to attend meetings, job fairs, seminars, and conferences.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- 5+ years experience in the electrical industry.
- 2+ years in program coordination, administration, or management.
- Knowledge of electrical construction, renewable energy, and automation industries.
- 2+ years of administrative experience in education.
- 2+ years with staff management/supervision.
- Prefer experience in curriculum development and academic administration
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local government regulations and procedures.
- Professional certification, such as CPTM, is preferred.
- Must be able to sit, stand, kneel, stoop, walk, and drive or sit for long periods of time.
- Must be capable of working in inclement conditions to include extreme hot and cold temperatures.
- Must be physically capable of lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs.
We offer our employees a competitive compensation and benefits package, including paid health, dental, life, long-term disability, vacation, and a 401(k)-retirement plan with company match.
Knobelsdorff Enterprises in an Equal Opportunity Employer. Knobelsdorff Enterprises does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, age, non- disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status.